Creating Your Account:
o From on campus (using UNLV network):
- You can go directly to the RefWorks website at www.refworks.com
- Click on “login” and then "Sign Up for New Account" and follow the account creation steps
- You should automatically be recognized as part of UNLV.
Or you can follow the “off campus” directions below as well.
o From off campus:
- Connect to RefWorks from the link on the UNLV Libraries website by going to https://www.library.unlv.edu/help/refworks
- Click on the "Login to RefWorks" link on the Libraries’ page -- OR ---
- Click on the "Create a RefWorks Account" link at the bottom of this page
- By using these specialized links, RefWorks recognizes you are connected to UNLV (important for initial account setup)
- Click on “Sign up for New Account”
- “Create an Account” registration form will pop up.
- Make sure the form says “Create an Account at University of Nevada, Las Vegas” before proceeding
- Complete the form and finalize your new RefWorks account
- You will receive a confirmation email with your login credentials
Once you have an active RefWorks account with a UNLV affiliation, you can login to RefWorks from on or off campus without the old group code or other restrictions.