RefWorks no longer requires that users enter a group code when logging in to their RefWorks account(s) off-campus or outside of their institutional IP range.
- If you are a current RefWorks user with an active RefWorks account, you can login on the RefWorks site from anywhere (on or off campus). The removal of the group code will not affect how you log into your account.
- If you are new to RefWorks and need to create your account for the first time
Creating Your Account:
o From on campus (using UNLV network):
- You can go directly to the RefWorks website at www.refworks.com
- Click on “login” and then "Sign Up for New Account" and follow the account creation steps
- You should automatically be recognized as part of UNLV.
Or you can follow the “off campus” directions below as well.
o From off campus:
- Connect to RefWorks from the link on the UNLV Libraries website by going to https://www.library.unlv.edu/help/refworks
- Click on the "Login to RefWorks" link on the Libraries’ page -- OR ---
- Click on the "Create a RefWorks Account" link at the bottom of this page
- By using these specialized links, RefWorks recognizes you are connected to UNLV (important for initial account setup)
- Click on “Sign up for New Account”
- “Create an Account” registration form will pop up.
- Make sure the form says “Create an Account at University of Nevada, Las Vegas” before proceeding
- Complete the form and finalize your new RefWorks account
- You will receive a confirmation email with your login credentials
Once you have an active RefWorks account with a UNLV affiliation, you can login to RefWorks from on or off campus without the old group code or other restrictions.